There’s something about the end of summer that always feels idyllic and a bit like the end of a dream, so I thought that Pablo Picasso’s Bathers Watching An Airplane would be a perfect inspiration for the last week in August. Painted in 1920 during his Neo-Classical and Surrealistic period, this bathers painting combines classical symmetry with surrealistic body parts and captures the dreamy feeling of a hot summer day.
How does the end of summer find you? Are you still in sandals or already breaking out Fall pieces?
If you liked this post, there are 84 other Art Inspired Fashion posts you might enjoy, linked on the right hand index.
- Skin Essentials Organic Cotton top
- Chloe wool and cashmere sweater
- Marni square frame glasses
- Kevin Aucoin eyeshadow
- Mary Jo Matsumoto Black Calf Hair Fold-Over Clutch
- K Jacques St. Tropez sandals
- Dondup Skinny Jean